Saturday 23 February 2013

I Love You//I Hate You - audition game

The I Love You//I Hate You game aims to focus actors on their energy and the way in which they express different intensities of emotion. Standing 10 paces apart, they either evoke love or hate. Starting at 0-1 energy, with each step the line "I love/hate you" gets more intense, until they're face to face with their partner at level 10. The important thing I found was that at level 10, love and hate look almost the same. It is a physical, gut response that can be incredibly aggressive.

In the foreground, Luke (Colonel Redfern) and Abi (director) almost have the same physical reaction - Abi moves towards Luke, and Luke moves away from Abi, but they both throw their arms up and their faces become distorted with shouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment